Sky's Magical Mystery Tour
Saturday, September 25, 2004
 
In the Sky with diamonds


Well, here's the first draft of the opening scene, which was published at Lizjournal a few days back.

I'm really not sure I've used the correct script-writing 'conventions', which is stupid, because I took a class in it. I did look back over some of my old scripts and storyboards, but I still couldn't really tell how to do it. I'm not 100% sure I was even doing it right back then, because I remember my teacher telling me as much.

Anyway, doesn't matter. This is just for a rough idea isn't it. Also, I've mixed the script and storyboard together so this is irrelevant anyway.


OPENING SCENE (First Draft)

* Shot of bus zooming around Erinsborough as 'Magical Mystery Tour' plays. (Version to be re-recorded as a duet between Stu and Summer).

(Background: 'Roll up...roll up for the mystery tour...')



* Overhead shot of Ramsay St
* Zoom into Sky's House
* Frontal shot of Sky's House.

Narrator:(Liam) Sky was a very lucky young girl. She didn't know it yet, but she had a ticket that was about to bring magic and mystery into her life...

Sky opens front door and walks down her driveway towards the bus stop.



Sky stands there. Looks side to side.

Narrator: Sky was waiting for her friends, Summer and Stu. For they were to join her on the magical mystery tour...where magic and mystery would await them. But where were they, on this magical and mysterious morning...?

(Coffee Shop. Stu and Summer are walking and arguing)

Summer: (Annoyed) Stu, you SAID you would come
Stu: (Angry) Well I've changed my mind
Summer: You're just upset because they won't let you drive!
Stu: That's right I am.
Summer: You are so immature you know
Stu: Why don't you just shut your pie hole Summer!

(Back to Sky)

Sky: (Anxiously) Where ARE they? They're going to miss the bus

Narrator: It looked liked Summer and Stu were going to miss the bus. Stu didn't want to go on a magical mystery tour and Summer couldn't convince him to change his mind. Luckily, there was a bit of magic in the air...

(Summer and Stu walking)



Summer starts singing. Stu joins in. (Song still to be written).

Musical number

(Basic idea here is that the song changes Stu's mind. Via magic.)

At end of song, fairy dust falls from sky. Stu looks up, is inspired.

Stu: Let's catch that bus!
Summer: Yeah!

(Back to Sky at bus stop. Bus rolls up)

Sky: (Getting on bus) Hang on...my friends aren't here yet!
Bus Driver (Mark Holden): Sorry Kiddo...it's time to roll!

(Summer and Stu are running in the background)



Stu: Wait!

They reach the bus just in time. As the door opens, and Stu climbs the stairs, he glares at the driver

Dramatic music

Stu:(Menacingly) So...YOU'RE the driver then?
Mark: (Looking Stu up and down) Yeah. Who the hell are you?
Stu: You might have heard of me. I'm Stuart. STUART PARKER.

Mark gulps.

Stu: Yeah. That's RIGHT.
Mark: Look dude...I don't want any trouble. I know you know the roads better than anyone...I mean, let's face it, you're a legend around here. But, I've got a job to do. And you'd better just let me do it.

(Pulls lever to close door. Hits Stu and he steps forward)

Stu: Yeah, well...I'll be watching you. If you ever change into the wrong gear, or turn down the wrong road, you're going to regret it. Is that clear?
Mark: It's clear dude, it's clear. Just chill out...this is a magical mystery tour remember!

Stu gives him one more stare then walks down the bus towards Sky's seat. As he sits down he remembers Summer.

Stu: Summer!



(Summer is still outside, behind the shut door)

Mark: Are we all set to rock and roll!?
Sky & Stu: NO!
Mark: Let's go then!

'Magical Mystery tour plays' as the bus drives off, leaving Summer behind, standing there.

Sky and Stu stand up in their seats, and look back out the window at Summer. Then they look at each other.

Stu: Ah well.

Narrator: And so the Magical Mystery Tour began...

***************


<< Home

Powered by Blogger