Sky's Magical Mystery Tour
Saturday, October 30, 2004
 
George Michael's House Of Political Discussion: Re-Open For Business


Patience was one of those albums released this year that I'd completely forgotten about. Actually, I hadn't even played it all the way through since I bought it back in March(?) and George Michael's House Of Political Discussion opened.

So anyway - I finally HAVE listened to it! And it's quite good. Especially the track 'Through'...which I really love now and wish I had discovered earlier.

It really does exemplify why George is the patron saint of political discussion though, as demonstrated by this line:

'All this cruelty and money instead of love,
People, have we no shame?'


I really enjoy the way George delivers the last part like he really is disappointed in us.

But what is George's MOST political song?

I've always, always stood by the opinion it is Wham Rap. (This point of view caused my first ever cross-blog fight incidentally).

But even if he ISN'T using being on the dole as a metaphor for being gay, as I stated at the time, it remains quite political.

I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU
So you don't approve,
Well who asked you to?
HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK
This boy's got better things to do


Word up, George.

And the best part of the song, the ever inspirational:

MAKE THE MOST OF EVERY DAY
DON'T LET HARD TIMES STAND IN YOUR WAY
GIVE A WHAM GIVE A BAM BUT DON'T GIVE A DAMN
COS THE BENEFIT GANG ARE GONNA PAY!


So reach up high, and touch your soul, because the boys from Wham will help you reach your goal!


<< Home

Powered by Blogger