Sky's Magical Mystery Tour
Thursday, October 14, 2004
 
The Hall Of Fame....continuing, just.
Hmmm. After yesterday's 'inducting mania', I started to get this really strong feeling of deja vu. And yeah...a quick look through the Pavilion archives revealed that I did the EXACT same thing last year. It's almost scary how much I've copied my own self.

Case In Point:

Today, I WAS going to induct the 'Live Forever' documentary, on the basis that it is 'The Best Music Documentary Ever'.

This time last year, I inducted 'In Bed With Madonna' on the basis that it was...'The Best Music Documentary Ever'.

I've frightened myself. I've become my own tribute act.

SO - WHAT TO DO THEN?

Luckily for me, but probably unfortunate for everyone else at the time, we stopped doing it about 3 days into it. Therefore, it was certainly not very definitive. So, we can still press on...to make a better, and complete, Hall Of Fame.


THE THIRD INDUCTEE:

I think it's pretty obvious who the third inductee is...

That's correct - it's Mel B!



Mel's Credentials:

  • Mel B had the honour of being my 'Favourite Spice Girl' for the months June through to October of 1998, briefly stealing the crown from Geri. I thought she was 'cool' and had 'a great style'.

  • For what this is worth, I think she's the best actor of all the Spice Girls in Spiceworld. Only because she doesn't even TRY to act.

  • What would the Spice Girls songs be without Mel B's rapping? The answer of course is - 100% BETTER. (But the point is, rapping in pop songs is good in theory. Even if it never worked, at least she tried)

  • 'I Want You Back', 'Tell Me' and 'Word Up' were all good singles

  • She collaborated with the original Misdemeamor Higgins, Missy Elliot.

    Also, she's a Spice Girl. That's qualification enough. Unless you're Mel C.


  • << Home

    Powered by Blogger